Friday, July 23, 2010

I didn't torch myself but look anyway!

So it seems I have to set myself on fire to get some comments on my blog. A handy trick I will keep in mind should it be needed in the future. However I have made some knives that I am pretty proud of and I thought I'd let you all take a look.



This knife is made of a ferrier file and pieces of Oak venear that I dyed diffrent colors and then glued together. I gave it to Pat for his B-day. I made one other knife like this too but it was thinner and shaped a bit diffrent. It turned out pretty good too but I didn't get any pictures before I gave it away.








This pair of knives are made out of the same ferrier rasp and one has elkhorn and one buck horn. I gave one to one of my buddies who is on the Sniper team with me and one to a nice dispatcher. Almost a shame to break them up.






This little guy is almost an after thought to a larger knife I am making. He is just the last couple of inches from the rasp after the larger rough was cut. It has a Birds eye Maple burl handle and I only hope the bigger knife turns out as well.


Aint she cute?














4 comments:

  1. I would like the tiny one. In this regard, I am very much a girl--I like tiny things a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's so cute! I'm not sure what I'd do with a tiny knife, but I want it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking pretty good, came a long way. Little tears, sweat, blood and some new skin growth, but getting better each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two tiny knives coming right up for my favorite set of twin cousins. I think I will put Bolivian rosewood handles on them... OR maybee purple heart Or.....

    ReplyDelete