Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FORGE .0




I upgraded the forge! It was still working just fine but kind of lacked in the awe inspiring power department. Luckily my Buddy at work is also a fan of awe inspiring power and when his in laws were installing a new furnace, saw that the old blower motor was right up my alley.



Here is my old blower. Its an old vacuum cleaner and has a one inch hose. Compare with a furnace blower which is used to circulate air through an entire house and has a four inch outlet! I think you will agree it is a favorable comparison.


Here is a side by side comparison with old tired motor on the bottom left. And new sweet motor dominating center stage.
I will admit I still have a few unanswered questions (it started to rain before I could fire her up) For example; how much air pressure does it take to levitate red hot coals? Is liquid nail flammable? Is my new motor to close to my 1800 F furnace? Luckily I have the gift of not worrying about troublesome questions like these.
I have always been a try-it-out-and -see kind of guy.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is pretty impressive! I will pray that your gift of not worrying about troublesome things doesn't come back to haunt you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my doubts about how the liquid nail will hold up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, your knives are amazing. I'm thinking we need to buy one from you. My father in law is a huge knife collector and I think a hand made blade would be a perfect addition to his collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard, if you burn your house down Silvia will be mad at you for a long, long time. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete