Thursday, February 19, 2009

Confessions of a 34 year old Vegas Virgin

So Shelly has been trying to get me to go to Vegas for years. I’ve never really got the draw. "Sin City"…… I mean, I'm not really a very accomplished sinner; sure I dabble and all, but I’m not sure I can make a whole vacation out of it.

I like to drink, but I hate bars. I like to play cards with my friends but the idea of playing with a bunch of strangers doesn’t really appeal. Strippers are gross, Big cities are scary, Elvis impersonators are sad, Traffic is frustrating, and CSI pisses me off.

Well anyway Shelly finally got me to go by booking a timeshare and faking a pregnancy. (yes, I know that’s a pillow, your dedication to this farce is amazing!) I am at a loss for what to do. I have so far only thought of two very dork things that I want to do. (Shark Bay and the Hover Damn) Silvia is dubious as well, but we are going to give it a shot. I mean millions of people go there all the time, they can't all be nimrods.

Shelly is certain that once we get there we will have a blast and I am sure she is right. I’m excited to see the Sharks and Brian is so easy with a vacation (as long as there is a pool bigger than a bathtub he is stoked) Nathan will have fun wherever he is. I’m sure Silvia will have fun too as long as we do not get accosted by any hookers. I think I will try my hand a poker. Im really good when I am playing with a bunch of cops, Im not sure if I will shine so much in Vegas.

I will write again once I return and see if I am a beliver. Unless of course, I win a hundred million in which case I will have my personal blog adviser let you know how it went.

1 comment:

  1. See?? A free vacation to Vegas isn't so bad is it?

    And you should see what I'm gunna fake to get you guys to Hawaii....

    ReplyDelete