Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nathan does something cute enogh to make me blog!

Nathan is my four year old. He has been such a puzzle for me. On the one hand he seems fearless and independent, more so than Brian ever was, on the other hand he gets scared when I twirl him around like Brian never was.
His independence comes with a price though. He often helps himself to whatever he wants out of the fridge and believes himself capable of crossing the road since about the time he learned to walk.

Yesterday though, Nathan finally bit off more than he could chew. I am in the living room and Nathan comes running into me with tears in his eyes, practically sobbing. He says, "Oh, dad I broke the bathroom! Hurry come here, I broke it!" I try to ask him what happened but he just tugs on my arm and repeats, "I broke the bathroom" Nathan lead me back to our bathroom where I find the worst mess. The toilet has overflown. Now this would not have been a big deal for Brian. He would of come and got me at the first sign of trouble and it would have been a simple matter to plunge the toilet. Nathan, on the other hand has obviously flushed the toilet at least three times trying to get it to work on his own. He also as attempted to help stop the water by dumping an entire basket of clean laundry on the wet floor as well as our bedspread and sheets.
I try to comfort him by saying I can fix it but he wont be comforted and declares, "we just need to buy a new bathroom! (SOB)" I try to heal his damaged ego by letting him help me plunge the toilet. I don't think there was any permanent damage. He was helping himself to slices of cheese later the same day.

















5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I forwarded the link to everyone in the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she did, and I was grateful. What a funny little bug! It's nice that your kids are so different. Variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean to remove it, and I dont know how to put it back.

    ReplyDelete